This document explains the process of uploading your QuickBooks Company File(s) to your Profit Tools hosted server.
Upload QuickBooks Company Files
- Connect to your Profit Tools server, open File Explorer, and browse to (P:\Intuit\QBData).
- Go to the computer in your office where your QuickBooks company files are located. You can identify the location of the QuickBooks company files by opening QuickBooks and viewing the file path in the "Location" field of your recently opened QuickBooks company file list.
- Open Windows File Explorer on your QuickBooks server, browse to the path where the QuickBooks company files are stored, highlight the QuickBooks files, right-click the files, select copy, and paste the files into (P:\Intuit\QBData) on the Profit Tools server.
- Rename the folder containing the QuickBooks company files on your local server to prevent the files from accidentally being used. You will now be opening the QuickBooks company files on your Profit Tools hosted server.
- Open QuickBooks on your hosted server, select "Open or restore an existing company", select Next, browse to P:\Intuit\QBData, and select your QuickBooks company file and login. Your QuickBooks company files will remain in your recently opened file list after logging out of QuickBooks.
Setup QuickBooks Backups
- Login to your QuickBooks company file on your Profit Tools hosted server.
- Go to File, Back Up Company, Create Local Backup, select Options, select Browse, and select the backup location (P:\Intuit\QBData\QBBackup), and choose OK.
- Make sure you are only keeping three copies of the QuickBooks company file on the server.
- Choose "Save it now" and finish.