This document describes the process of setting up a new Profit Tools scheduler.
- Go to the workstation where the scheduler needs to be setup and confirm Profit Tools is installed.
- Follow the client installation instructions if Profit Tools has not been installed on the workstation (https://profittools.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018817173).
- Right-click on the Profit Tools desktop shortcut, select copy, right-click on the desktop, and select paste.
- Right-click on the newly created desktop shortcut, select rename, and rename the shortcut to "Profit Tools - Scheduler".
- Right-click on the Profit Tools - Scheduler shortcut, select properties, and add "-sched" at the end of the target path.
- Example Target: path "P:\PTApps\trucking.exe" - sched
- Example Start in: path "P:\PTApps\"
- Install Microsoft Word and Excel on the workstation if templates are being used by scheduled reports or email notifications.
- Download and install the PTEncryption component (ex. P:\Install Files) to enable sending secure email and utilize SFTP.
- Download and install the Pegasus imaging components (ex. P:\Install Files) to allow you to view the document imaging windows.
- Complete the required EDI setup if you are using EDI.
- If you are using PC*Miler, run the PC*Miler installation using the PC*Miler servers UNC path (ex. \\SERVERNAME\PCMILER33\Network\Setup.exe).
- Complete the required QuickBooks setup if you are using a direct billing integration with QuickBooks. This is not required if you will not be using the workstation for billing.
- Confirm all of the required invoice transfer components have been installed and configured.
- Right-click on the Profit Tools icon and select "Run as administrator".
- Login to Profit Tools as PTADMIN and go to Billing and select Billing.
- In the bottom right corner you will see a list of the invoice transfer requirements and you will want to select Fix it and install the Ghostscript components and make sure any other requirements are met.
Please contact Profit Tools Customer Service if you require assistance setting up the scheduler.