Profit Tools Version Status
8.1 Current Release (Beta)
8.0.0 Supported through 11/1/25
7.3.0 Supported through 12/1/24
7.2.0 Supported through 5/1/24
7.1.0 End of Support on 10/1/23*
7.0.1 End of Support on 7/1/23*
6.1.0 End of Support on 3/1/23*
5.10.0 End of Support on 12/1/22*
5.9.2 End of Support on 7/1/22*
5.8.10 End of Support on 4/17/22*
5.8.9 End of Support on 10/9/21*
5.7.x End of Support on 10/25/20*
5.6.0 End of Support on 3/23/20*
5.5.0 End of Support on 11/7/19*
5.4.6 End of Support on 9/22/19*
* If you are running a version of Profit Tools that is listed as End of Support,
please contact your Profit Tools account Manager to schedule an upgrade.
Profit Tools is a dynamic application that is continuously updated and enhanced with new features and performance improvements. For customers with a Service and Upgrade Support (SUS) contract there is no charge for system upgrades or our services to assist with performing upgrades. We recommend to all customers that they maintain their Profit Tools system at a current release level in order to take advantage of our latest features and highest performing software.
Overview of Enhancements by Version
If you have any questions on any of the issues below, please see the help file for more information. If you still need help with any of these issues, please call your training and implementation specialist.
8.1.0 Version Enhancements ( Beta )
Equipment Lease Types
- Deployed a customizable Calendar Setup to aid in the calculation of free time. This functionality proves particularly useful for configuring specific working day calendars and incorporating holidays designated by steamship lines or specific ports.
- Calendars can be associated with specific lease lines.
- A six-day work week (MON-SAT) free time unit has been added and HOUR has been deactivated as a selection.
- The Jump Rules option has been removed as the new calendar enhancement provides this functionality.
- Enhancements have been made to the color scheme in the 'Free Time Expiration' and 'Charges' fields when utilizing the 'Test' calculation feature.
Multi Shipment Update (MSU)
- The MSU window has been updated to include the time zone when site-based zones are enabled in system settings. The displayed time zone now aligns with the time zone visible on the shipment screen. This will allow the local time to accurately consider the shipment's time zone. Please note that to perform a bulk update for a given field, all the time zones in that field must be the same.
- The Origin and Destination values are now displayed, addressing a previous issue where the data did not populate.
- Resolved an error sending free form text messages when the driver was also set up with an ELD communication device. The error previously noted " select message destination" when sending a free form text message.
- Added support for holidays in Free Time calculator to perform equipment charges calculations within Profit Tools. PTWS will now be a required component as part of Profit Tools version 8.1 to calculate equipment charges.
- Resolved an issue when printing settlement reports using the 'Print' option or 'Print to PDF'.
- Resolved inaccurate path validation when setting a manifest custom invoice template in System Settings.
- The option 'Holiday counts as an extra day' has been removed as the Lease Type calendar enhancement will provide this functionality.
8.0.0 Version Enhancements
- The PowerBuilder Development and Runtime environment for Profit Tools has undergone an update, effectively addressing a known issue that caused Profit Tools to crash.
- Ghostscript has been replaced with a PDF Builder native to PowerBuilder, eliminating the need for Ghostscript in the Invoice Transfer Requirements.
- Resolved a problem that occurred when opening PTWS billing and Imaging simultaneously. Removed the limitation of opening only one window at a time.
- Implemented new password policy changes to allow the user to reset their password after the user account is created.
- An existing user will be prompted to reset their password after an upgrade to version 8.0.
- Password Requirements FAQ's
- Implemented the inclusion of a dedicated 'WebServices' tab within the 'Applications' section, designed to store the URL where Mobile App notifications will be directed.
7.3.0 Version Enhancements
- Allow acceptance of non-EDI offered shipments through the ‘Non-EDI’ or ‘All Offered’ tab. Previously the user would receive a Profit Tools Interface ERROR.
- Resolved usage for 'AVAILABLE ON' and 'AVAILABLE UNTIL' tags.
- Added the option to specify a rate identifier that should be used to identify the rate table to use for a specific billable item when the order is created via Order AI.
- Corrected a problem when exporting an XLSX based template containing formulas where the formula was either altered or only the first record was displayed when exporting.
- Corrected a problem exporting fields with leading zeros. The template would previously eliminate this in XLSX exports.
- Resolved incorrect equipment lease times when the equipment was being reused while using Envase Mobile.
- Corrected an error when updating a seal to a shipment through PTCA. The seal is now updated instead of raising an exception.
- Corrected an issue when adding new drivers for Geotab. “Error Getting Geotab User” was previously seen when setting the ‘Geotab’ type on Device Setup.
- Improved the driver list displayed by Geotab within Profit Tools to sort alphabetically.
- Improved errors encountered with Samsara when there is a misconfiguration. The task will continue to process if a driver is misconfigured and will disable Samara for the driver.
- Improved performance disparities observed between logging in as PTADMIN and not being PTADMIN, particularly in a database featuring multiple shipment types.
7.2.0 Version Enhancements
- Selecting ‘All Divisions’ when copying privileges is now allowed. This will allow copying over all divisions/all module privileges to a new/target user from an existing user.
- Corrected an error “populating notification email body” when sending a notification.
- 'On Behalf Of' field will now update properly using Test Macro and XML Macro input.
- Processing a large number of Macro requests at one time is now corrected.
- When a shipment has invalid itinerary events an indicator will now be displayed. This will allow the user to hover the indicator (!) to review the validation error.
- The origin and destination site will now be swapped when toggling the move type from Import to Export, respectively.
- Corrected a refresh issue when displaying the correct Bill To company on a child shipment.
- A new tab has been added to system settings to enable Envase Tracing.
- Increased database security.
Chassis PerDiem Audit
- Now allows $0.00 as a dispute amount as a perdiem/chassis charge. Previously this would prompt an error noting the dispute amount and agreed amount needed to add up to the total charge.
- Resolved a crash issue when opening Chassis Audit (220.127.116.11 & higher).
- Added Integration for Samsara as a new ELD provider option. This includes new schedule tasks – Samsara EOBR to retrieve HOS and Samsara Vehicle Location to retrieve tractor location from Samsara.
- Corrected an inconsistency with displaying the the Next Events remaining on a shipment.
- Corrected a bug found when generating XLSX reports that were previously working. When generating the document, the user would see a ‘General Error’ pop up.
- Improved resource governor to prevent errors when billing a large number of invoices at one time. Requires PTWS 18.104.22.168.
7.1.0 Version Enhancements
Support For Open XML
- Removing Microsoft Office dependencies for Profit Tools templates. This will require a conversion of current templates from doc to docx and xls to xlsx.
Multipage Support for Word Templates
- Word templates will now allow for multiple reports by using multiple pages. This will allow the user to create reports that aggregate information and separate that information on individual pages.
7.0.1 Version Enhancements
- The Powerbuilder Development and Runtime environment for Profit Tools has been updated. The immediate change to PowerBuilder 2019 will be mostly transparent, but provides an updated platform and support for modern Technologies that will be implemented in Profit Tools in future releases. This will require an updated upgrade process as there are additional files and dependencies. A new upgrade installer will be created to automate most of the process.
- Profit Tools 7.0.1 is the first version of Profit Tools to fully support the Core API. This Application Interface is being developed to help Customers and Vendors better integrate with the Profit Tools for Trucking Application. This API is still early in its development, and will be developing a separate feature set over time.
Email TLS 1.2
- This Transport Layer Security protocol is supported by most email servers and systems and is becoming the required protocol for enhances security. For Email servers such as Exchange, that are requiring encryption TLS 1.2 is current standard.
- Updated email Transfer to allow TLS support for v 1.2 - this is supported by a new .NET DLL and requires .NET 4.6 or higher on the system generating the email
- Updated Browser support for iFrame windows – The Chromium Embedded Framework is now used as the default Browser window, which is the basis of the updated Edge Browser and is now used to display PTWS Billing
Integrated PDF Support
- Starting with this version of Profit Tools PSR files may be converted to use a new PDF generation method. This requires specific edits made to the PSR using InfoMaker 2019. Ghostscript PDF is still the default method for all existing documents and reports.
6.1.0 Version Enhancements
Image Type Mapping
- To support Core API a change has been made to the Profit Tools database to include additional mapping for Image Types that are supported by the API.
The following types will be supported:
- POD: Proof of Delivery
- POP: Proof of Pickup
- SCALE TICKET: Ticket from weighing the truck
- TIR IN: Trailer Interchange Receipt (aka EIR Equipment Interchange Receipt)
- TIR OUT: Trailer Interchange Receipt
- BOL: Bill of Lading
- HAZMAT: Hazmat details
- OVERWEIGHT: Permit for overweight load
- CUSTOMS: Customs paperwork
6.0.0 Version Enhancements
- 5591 – Vessel ETA now available in the Review EDI window.
- 5653 - Updated the URL for the ELD endpoints that XRS had changed.
5.10.0 Version Enhancements
- 5424 – Updated Carrier setup screen with the ability to add extra digits.
- 5514 - Added additional fields to the PTWS Invoice and Manifest HTML templates.
- 5498 - Updated access to additional tables for the standard reports.
5.9.2 Version Enhancements
- 5362 – Updated to support the length of auth tokens, so there are no authorization issues using Quick Books Online.
- 5423 - Corrected an error when searching by Lease Line and Lease type.
- 5402 - XRS task will no longer time out and prevent tasks from processing.
- 5414 - Ability to add more than one company to the "Companies added during EDI/EN Rule Evaluation" window in the EDI System Settings.
5.9.0 Version Enhancements
- 5350 – Added Selection window filter to the EDI Setup menu prompting user to select Company, instead of loading all of the companies before allowing selection.
- 5290 - Updated EP FTX calculations to be consistent when calculating across time zones
- 5264 - Fixed issue where Non-Intermodal shipments did not automatically FSC line item unless another item that is miles based was present
- 5138 - Added ability to update LFD for EP lease line via the PTI macros.
- 5352 - Updated authorization response format to match Geotab site change
- 5310 - Fixed an issue where the list of duplicated shipments no longer displays after duplication.
- 5228 - Fixed search results when using Equipment Restrictions = Deactivated criteria
3rd Party Reporting
- 5364 -Creates stored Procedure that allows Profit Tools, along with DistCalc and PC Miler allowing itinerary mileage to be calculated and stored for reporting purposes.
- 5365 - Adds system_settings to support scheduled event that uses the calls the stored procedure to extract calculated data produces data used to process rows when querying ODExport table for reporting purposes.
5.8.10 Version Enhancements
- 5359 - EP FTX Date to be calculated by the Originating event Local date & time.
- 5363 - Lease FTE Date, set ldt_base_ftx to null when originating company isn't specified, not set to 1/1/1900.
- 5300 - Non-intermodal shipments should automatically add FSC upon Creation.
- 5358 - Changed sessionId data to pull from "Credentials" instead of Tokens, due to site change.
- 5304 - Revised GeoTab Authentication to accommodate upper & lower cases.
- 5318 - Fixed an issue where the list of duplicated shipments would not display correctly.
5.8.9 Version Enhancements
- 4682 – Right click option on TMP will no longer display "Send EDI Bill" if the billing company is not enabled for 210 processing.
- 4936 – New 204 Manager for International Paper Division.
- 5289 - New EDI Manager for Hapag thru Blume.
- 4977 – Macros can now set a decimal in the item quantity field.
- 4882 – Added ability to update the lease start and end date using a macro to terminate equipment.
- 4835 – PTWS billing print process now available within Profit Tools.
- 4775 – Added ability to post a settlements batch to Quick Books Online.
- 4839 – Enhanced that allows the software to ignore chassis and trailer assignments when routing to a leg that starts with a mount.
5.8.8 Version Enhancements
- 4751 – Corrected issue where printing the itinerary is only printing the headings and not the data.
- 5242 – Corrected a bug that caused an error when copying All Permissions under Extended Privileges.
- 4789 – New LBCT Pre-arrival feature.
5.8.7 Version Enhancements
- 4461 – New EDI Manager for CHR.
- 4202 – Fixed bug where shipments created from a template are defaulting the container height to >8’06” when using certain lease lines.
Track and Trace Interface
- 4356 – Track and Trace will no longer overwrite user entered dates for release date and release time, similar to the current way it handles LFD.
- 4549 – Change to the TT Interface so that if a Terminal container is no longer available, it will set the Available date to null in Profit Tools.
5.8.6 Version Enhancements
- 4433 – New macro instruction to facilitate autorouting and setting the arrival time.
- 4479 – Fixed bug where inserting a Yard Move causes code error and crash.
- 4425 – Corrected the items returning null for freight and charge amounts when they should be 0.
- 4230 – Fixed bug where the PC Miler mapping button either caused the software to crash/error or do nothing.
5.8.5 Version Enhancements
- 4429 – Changed the Bill To search criteria to include all companies, including those that have been deactivated.
- 3512 – EDI reference number field available for custom column setup of billing screen.
- 3218 – Added a visual indicator if fuel pay was already applied to alert the user so that it isn’t added excessively.
5.8.4 Version Enhancements
- 3384 – Corrected a bug where English and Metric units did not behave the same by adding new EDI tags TOTALWEIGHTDISPLAY and WEIGHTPERUNITDISPLAY.
- 3935 – Equipment lease Type filtering is no longer a System Setting that requires PTADMIN access. It can now be access through the Current menu when the Lease Type setup window is open.
5.8.3 Version Enhancements
- 3735 – Added ability to view HOS/ Detention Alerts without requiring escalation or requiring user action that would dismiss the alert.
- 3554 – EDI shipments now prompt to save Bill To, Forwarded and Agent Alias.
- 4035 – Improved globallease tag logic to be more consistent.
- 2252 – Changed the settlements line item description when choosing COMDATA to FUEL CARD.
- 3786 – The advanced FSC will look up the proper % used in the FSC based on the division of the payable entity instead of the division of the TMP.
- 4132 – Improved Invoice Transfer error messaging when failures occur during the billing process.
- 4133 – Improved emailing invoices when timeouts occur with Microsoft Office 365 users.
- 2839 – Electronic Notification is now included with the Notification module.
- 3869 – Enhanced software to no longer need file based cache files.
- 3955 – Improved the workflow to help identify a driver with open transactions.
- 3666 – Settlements fuel surcharge must be posted to the same division as the freight item.
- 3661 – Improved the description of the FSC amount generated by settlements to include the percentage amount.
- 3397 – Added ability to add an expiration date field to the Hazmat option in the Carrier company setup.
- 4068 – Added ability to have and validate an expiration date on a carrier’s hazmat certificate.
- 3248 – Added the company accounting ID to the company email notification settings.
5.8.0 Version Enhancements
- 3250 – The following can now be tracked: Log off, log on, module use and module release. Requires a custom report or ISQL access
22.214.171.124 Version Enhancements
- 3270 – Duplicating a shipment will now properly populate the ref 2 field when adding equipment.
5.7.3 Version Enhancements
- 2600 – Driver HOS alerts are escalated when no action is taken.
- 3220 – The equipment information window no longer erases previously entered data when tabbing out of the insurance expiration field.
- 2875 – Geotab no longer prompts for credentials when selecting the Current Position Report for a tractor setup.
- 2882 – Corrected the weekly duty availability in Geotab, it no longer causes issues with HOS alert notifications.
- 2910 – Corrected where Geotab pulls information for the Current Position Report and Last Position.
- 2703 – Payable Totals now re-calculate correctly.
- 3134 – Fixed drivers deductions to not go into an incorrect driver’s payroll when processing periodics.
5.7.1 Version Enhancements
- 3052 – Improved the accuracy of HOS Warnings.
5.7.0 Version Enhancements
- 2956 – Corrected the resend invoice feature to no longer include the original primary contacts when resending invoices.
- 2885 – Corrected an issue with equipment being assigned to events that are routed to a carrier.
- 2857 – Profit Tools will no longer lock up when an invalid port is entered in the Email Settings.
5.6.0 Version Enhancements
- 2287 – Added multiple screen support for Shipment Alerts.
- 2626 – Re-rating no longer leaves prior rate if new rating criteria does not find a rate.
- 2906 – Improved the Amount Type Setup screen user interface.
- 2510 – Added ability to import the Company Name of a different billing address.
- 2198 – Allow 204 processing to be split across multiple schedulers.
- 2907 – Version 3.0 corrected to auto accept EDI 204.
- 2718 – Now retrieve the tag for Sender and Receiver IDs from EDI 204.
- 2933 – Addressed a memory leak in EDI EN.
- 2608 – Profit Tools no longer displays “Outdated Email” warning if email has not been setup.
- 2723 – Corrected Equipment Info Registration tab to display fields when making new company owned equipment.
- 2786 – Improved equipment lease handling when unlinking equipment from a shipment.
- 2565 – Ability to confirm containers on flatbeds has been corrected.
- 2708 – Confirming itinerary events now correctly updates shipment linked equipment and equipment in the event details.
- 2181 – Allow the user to alter Fuel Surcharge by division.
- 2544 – Corrected Action Alerts displaying for the incorrect driver.
- 2545 – Improved Geotab information retrieval.
- 2726/2729 – TIFF files no longer renamed TIF when assigned.
- 2678 – Remote unassigned folder no longer shows incorrect image count.
- 2710 – Improved ability to email images from a shipment.
- 2711 – Corrected the Images window when emailing images from a TMP without opening the TMP prior.
- 2677 – Now strips invalid characters from subject line, preventing “failed to send” errors.
- 2683 – Improved Invoice Transfer Wizard.
- 2656 – Improved columns on the Duplicate Shipment Equipment datawindow.
- 2843 – The time to process the status change of a child shipment has been improved.
- 2675 – Improved compatibility between Windows 10 and PCMiler 31.
- 2627– Added the ability to copy containers from Excel blocks to paste into the equipment window’s search ‘ref’ field.
- 2831 – Users will no longer receive an error when saving changes in the Settlements Transaction Amounts window due to a $0 amount.
- 717 – Improved reliability of the Settlements Public Note field.
- 2594 – The Automatic Company Locator update will now only update active companies.
- 2598 – Improved handling for both lbs. and kilos weight tags.
- 2657 – Redesigned the Event Task window.
Track and Trace Interface
- 2293 – Allow Profit Tools and Track and Trace databases to co-exist with a multiple CLR environment.