Please see the instructions below to setup a new Track & Trace Tracer client if you already have Track & Trace installed on a server.
Note: The Track & Trace Tracer can only be run on one machine at a time. Running more than one instance of a tracer will cause problems and prevent tracing.
Choose a computer to run the Track & Trace Tracer
In order of preference, the Track & Trace Tracer can be run on the following:
- Stand-alone PC
- Scheduler PC
- Profit Tools database server
- User's workstation
Note: Options 1 and 2 are desirable, 3 is OK if the resources are available, and 4 is not recommended.
- Run the setup.exe file from the TTClient folder on the Profit Tools drive (ex. P:\TTClient\setup.exe) and follow the installation instructions.
- Run install.bat from the TTApps folder on the Profit Tools drive (ex. P:\TTApps\install.bat). You may need to right-click on the file and run it as a Windows Administrator. This will install the required Python components.
- Go to the start menu, type tracer, right-click on the Track & Trace Tracer shortcut, and select "Open File Location". Right-click on the Track & Trace Tracer shortcut and select "Send to - Desktop (create shortcut).
- Launch the Track & Trace Tracer shortcut from the desktop.
Add Tracer to Windows Startup
- Go to the start menu, type "Run" and launch the Run window, and type "shell:startup" which will launch the Windows Startup folder.
- Copy and paste the Track & Trace Tracer shortcut from the desktop to the Windows Startup folder. The Track & Trace Tracer will now launch automatically once the Windows account is logged in.
- To setup a view only instance of Track & Trace, right-click on the Track & Trace shortcut, select properties, and remove the "-tracer" parameter from the Track & Trace shortcut.
- Right-click on the Track & Trace shortcut and label it "Track & Trace - Viewer". This shortcut will only allow you to view the containers in Track & Trace and it will not actually trace the containers.